Google Plus Badge WordPress Plugin
Add a Google Plus Badge to your WordPress web site using the Coveloping Google Plus Badge Plugin.
The plugin will create a widget and shortcode giving you the option of adding the badge to either a sidebar or the main content area.
The WordPress shortcode allows you to add the Google Plus badge anywhere on your website where you can add content. All you have to do is add the shortcode 'google_plus_badge' to your content area replacing the page_name with the page you wish to promote - the example below is for the Coveloping Google Plus page.
[google_plus_badge page_name="https://plus.google.com/+Coveloping" layout="portrait" page_type="g-page" /]
The above example uses the core three attributes required to use the plugin, here is a full list of the available settings you can utilise:
- page_name - The URL for the Google Plus page you want to display.
- page_type - Google plus 'g-page' or 'g-person'.
- width - The width of the badge.
- color_scheme - For the colour scheme two choices either light or dark.
- layout - Portrait or landscape
- cover_photo - Show the background cover photo from your Google Plus page (portrait only - true or false)
- tag_line - Show the tag line from your Google Plus page (portrait only true or false)
Once the plugin is installed the widget will be available in the 'Appearance' > 'Widgets' section for you to drag into sidebars. The above listed options are available in the settings.
Uploading in the WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the 'Add New' in the plugins dashboard
- Navigate to the 'Upload' area
- Select `coveloping-google-plus-badge.zip` from your computer
- Click 'Install Now'
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
Installing via FTP
- Download the plugin zip file
- Extract the files to a directory on your computer
- Upload the plugin folder to the 'wp-content/plugins' directory
- Activate the plugin in the dashboard